Wednesday, September 26, 2012

San Francisco

Blogging while traveling is not so easy. Only having access to an iPad, incompatibility between my camera and computer and not much time to think about what want to write leaves me at somewhat of a loss.

Since this blog is not really about medon't want to write about how much i'm enjoying this wonderful city by the bay, or feeding myself on treats unavailable at home, or my sore calf muscles from walking up and down hills, or freezing my butt off when the fog rolls in.

In my quest to try and avoid making false statements  i looked up a quote by Mark Twain that claimed he had spent the coldest winter he had ever had during a summer in San Francisco. Well it turns out he has been associated with a lot of quotes he never made and that is one of them. Apparently checking through his letters and published works  the closest anyone could come to crediting him with the quote was when he answered a question in a letter but quoted someone else.

Well regardless of who said it the quip is absolutely true San Francisco is freezing in the summer. But it is as charming as ever and i'm heading back out to enjoy it.
See ya next week.


No comments: