Thursday, September 4, 2008

laughing at community organizers

Following up on yesterdays post I watched the candidate for Vice President of the United States on PBS last night.

She was good, delivered her speech better than many, great stage presence, lovely smile and beautiful.

Do I want her a hairs breath away from the presidency, not really.

There were a few places where she lost me but the most disturbing was when she dissed community organizers and waited for the crowd to laugh and they did, they howled, they clapped and they knew not what they were doing.

Community organizers bring people together to act in common self interest. Community organizers seek accountability from those who have lost touch with the citizenry. Community organizers seek to keep the powerful in check. They focus on the community and the health of communities all over the country and the world.

Dissing community organizers on National Television while running for Vice President was worse than low it was a sewage treatment plants breakdown spewing its ugly hate all over America.

I think the saddest part of the speech was watching all those "so called" Christians in the audience laughing at themselves for ever thinking of working for their communities as organizers. Thinking it was a bad thing something to laugh at.

What does this say about the Republican Party when you laugh at people trying to make the world a better place. It says watch out baby because they aren't going to help you or protect you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Lord and Savior started out as a Community Organizer. Paul the apostle was a Community Organizer. The people who crucified him were "Mayors and Governers".

Laugh at me now...i'll pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Quote from that portion of the speech. Easy to understand the depth of vitriol expressed in your response?
"Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown.

And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities. I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening.

We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco."
The whole speech on video is available at
http://www.c-spanarchives.org/common/timeline.php?progid=194177#

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog. I've never held myself out to be a Christian or any type of evangelist, but I know many who do. A true Christian believes in a mission to help...help the poor, help the sick and not to judge or ridicule. In my opinion, many of those who are claiming to be "Christians" don't have a clue. Your post on this was more than welcomed. I'm new to the islands and hope there are more like you here. I'm an ordinary person who is hoping for an extraordinary result in November.