Wednesday, December 5, 2007

i


Oh!

This morning while swimming, thoughts of this web site were running through my mind. I was communing with the light beams, thinking all was well with the world. Wondering how I was going to incorporate the lower case i I had seen in the sky while walking in the dark.


My friends and I walk three times a week, meeting in the dark at the ungodly hour of 5:30am.

Now, that lower case i was displayed in the eastern morning sky. It was created by the moon's light shining upon some clouds from behind. The i was beautiful and dominated the darkness.

So, making a long story shorter.

I also swim with another set of friends on the same days that I walk. We do open ocean swimming and we have one stretch that goes out over the abyss. While swimming in the abyss I started wondering about the lower case i. Should I write about the all powerful eye that is displayed on so many things, should I write about the light that funnels into a kind of eye?

You know, those random thoughts that run through a persons mind.

Anyway, while I was concentrating on thinking about the i, a piece of jelly fish tentacle nailed me right above the heart on my breast.

It took my breath away.

It was so painful I had to stop swimming, but, it made me recognize where my thoughts were running.


We humans are all lower case i's, but we forget that in our quest for domination.

This blog isn't about me. It is about all of us lower case i's...and i will have to do battle daily to remember that.

1 comment:

Bonnie Luria said...

You're a brave swimmer and blogger. Abyss and jellyfish tentacle in the same entry! I'm impressed.